Java Engineer - ShopStyle
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com.
We are in search of a Messaging Infrastructure Engineer - ShopStyle. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Manager of Messaging Engineering. Working with leading edge technologies and a fast-paced team, you will develop and scale the messaging platform to efficiently send personalized email and push notification content to millions users every day. The infrastructure leverages Amazon Web Services and our processing engines to generate the custom content for rendering and delivery through the appropriate channel. The messaging platform is a key driver of customer loyalty for the site, apps and influencers. Join us in building the next generation messaging personalization platform! Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently to impact design and implementation of new features and improvements
- Interact with team members (locally and remote) and other product teams to communicate and deliver best-of-breed solutions
- Design and implement cutting edge features to enable fine-grained personalization in messages to customers
- Explore new communication channels to add value to the customer experience
- Participate in weekly feature releases and both formal and informal code/design reviews
- 5+ years of core Java development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a distributed team
- Thorough knowledge of backend paradigms (scalability, multithreading, caching, performance tuning, etc.)
- Strong understanding OOP design principles, multi-threading, performance tuning, loose coupling, encapsulation, etc.
- Experience with relational databases and/or NoSQL databases, preferably MySql, MongoDB, Cassandra and Redis
- Comfortable working with command line tools
- Passion for delivering top-notch solutions for the customer
- Experience working with third party services and vendors
- Previous involvement with highly scalable and available distributed systems
- Knowledge of Email Service Providers (ESP’s) including SendGrid and YesMail
- Experience with the Spring framework
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top