Front End Web Developer - Growth Team
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
We are in search of a Front End Web Developer - Growth Team. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Manager, Web Development.
Millions of shoppers use Ebates for online shopping and they can’t wait to tell their friends and family about it. As a developer joining the Growth Team you will build experiences for new and existing members with objectives focused on user acquisition and organic growth.
Together with with Product, Analytics and Marketing you will be creating tests on web and mobile, covering everything from onboarding flows and landing pages to new viral loops and email campaigns. This is a high visibility position on a new team with a lot of business impact.
This ideal candidate must be a highly motivated individual, self-starter with excellent communication and team collaboration skills. A passion for solving business problems and exceeding expectations through the development of leading edge, disruptive technologies are extremely desired
- 2+ years of front end web development and programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience with AJAX/JSON and web API integration
- Experience in responsive design using frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Mobile web design experience
- Experience with server side languages such as .NET, Java, PHP and Ruby
- Experience with Java Velocity
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN, GIT etc.
- Experience in a structured environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity
- Previous experience with Ecommerce, affiliate marketing or online advertising
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top