Engineering Manager, Mobile
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
We are searching for a senior-level Engineering Manager to join our mobile team as we continue to scale up. This person will be the engineering leader across Android, iOS, and mobile web teams.
If you live & breathe mobile & are an exceptional technical leader, we want to hear from you. The mobile team operates similar to a startup within the larger organization, with the goal of taking full advantage of the strengths of mobile devices in ecommerce. This is an opportunity to help scale a successful mobile business with an amazing team, and make a big impact on the mobile ecommerce space at the same time.
You will get to work across all of our properties (Ebates US and International, FatWallet, Pushpins, OneReceipt, & BFAds), and on new and disruptive products that are revolutionizing mobile shopping, payments, and marketing.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- 2+ years building native applications for iPhone, iPad and/or Android devices
- Portfolio of published applications
- Prior Manager-level experience leading Android, iOS or mobile web team members
- Experience with iOS framework, Objective-C, Swift and/or Java
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Solid understanding of the mobile ecosystem from reporting to 3rd party libraries and services
- Strong understanding of software development process/Agile/lean
- Full stack capabilities and have experience designing with restful APIs
- Good understanding of Android and/or iOS UI patterns and style guides
- Work with brilliant hard-working people on a profitable product that is growing like crazy
- Beautiful top floor location with 360 degree view of SF, stocked kitchen, loads of employee special events
- Huge monitors and the latest Mac of your choice
- Competitive compensation; Restricted Stock Options
- Possible domestic/international travel (offices in NYC, San Diego, Shanghai)
LOCATION: Downtown San Francisco nearby BART, Cal Train and easy parking. We reimburse you for your commute expenses or parking.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Note: Direct candidates only. No third parties
Back to top