Engineering Intern - ShopStyle
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com.
We are in search of an Engineering Intern. This internship is located in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Backend Engineering. This Intern will help our growing team of talented and motivated frontend and backend engineers. Working side by side with the product team, the engineering team develops and maintains a global monetization and media platform for retailers as well as fashion and lifestyle influencers. All our backend is hosted at Amazon and leverage Amazon Web Services whenever possible. The main application is a REST Api powered by a Java application using the Jersey framework within a Tomcat server. We have started splitting this monolithic app into smaller microservices developed with Spring Boot. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Catalog and Search team on major infrastructure engineering projects
- Creating internal dashboards powered by microservices
- Building a search engine integration testing platform
- Completed a minimum of 2 years of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Java
- Basic understanding of OOP design principles (loose coupling, encapsulation, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases (we use MySql) and/or NoSql databases (we use MongoDB)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Performance analysis experience of backend code
- Familiarity with several of the technologies composing our stack (see below)
- Knowledge of backend paradigms (multithreading, caching, performance tuning)
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top