Director of Sales
Rakuten Interactive is the new Global Ads & Services brand of Rakuten Inc., the 3rd largest global eCommerce player and the largest Internet services company in Japan. We are hiring a tested sales lead to sell to the top BI and analytical solutions (Rakuten Insights), value-up digital consulting, and scale our acquired pure-plays. The Big Idea is to achieve 50% coverage of the F500 in very short time. The Bigger Idea is to give brands and publishers a one-stop platform to consolidate data, implement solutions, and offer best-of-breed technologies as 1 economical platform.
Our dream candidate would be a hunter-gatherer who learns and evangelizes ad-tech and cloud products with enthusiasm and simplicity, producing $MM revenue and OTE earnings as a byproduct of customer success. He or she naturally values blue/red ocean opportunities, leverages cross-disciplinary assets, and reduces the average sell-cycle exponentially.
This is an excellent opportunity to leverage the reach of a large public company whilst introducing an up and coming portfolio of startup technologies never seen before by brands, publishers, and MNC customers. The opportunity for growth is tremendous at this ground level within R-Interactive, horizontal across Rakuten Group, and internationally in a future sales leadership or GM role.
- Sell to the top: CxO, VP Marketing, Director of eCommerce, Head of Retail, etc.
- Consultative, data-driven solutions to consumer-driven customers
- Managed solutions for paid search/social ad budget optimization
- Marketing, performance, affiliate space driven platforms
- BPO, cost-cutting automation to F100
- Achieve $MM sales and revenue target within CPG and/or Financials sector, working closely with Channel Directors to drive origination and lay pipeline
- Achieve and exceed revenue targets and overall sales through key accounts (ex: Oracle)
- Hire, train, manage team of corporate account executives
- Develop AEs for career growth in USA
- Transform entry-level graduates into AEs in Japan
- Manage financials and P&L with regular reporting to SVP Sales and team members
- Use Salesforce religiously to manage sales process, pipeline, performance
- Use proprietary dashboards, interactive demos for “land and expand” sales strategy
- Storyboard and communicate value of solutions in-person, via WebEx
- Sell at tradeshows, industry events, and vendor conferences
- Optimize pipeline and channel GTMs when necessary
- Develop inbound marketing for demand generation: workshops, sales materials, PoCs, videos, customer-ready credentialing
- Work with client account team members to define pursuits, shape solutions, support RFPs, and customized solution development
- Initial sales enablement to educate and equip sales force to retain, grow, and secure net-new customers
- Quota-beating prowess leveraging inside sales, inbound marketing, and trade marketing
- Problem-solver with customer shopping/retail domain or financial services
- “Sell me this pen:” structured info gathering, responding, delivering, closing
- Progressive career growth into new territories/geographies or channel business development
- 7-10+ years in direct sales and business development at mid to growth stage SaaS startup, blue-chip technology company, global digital consultancy, or eCommerce company
- Strong solution selling experience particularly in B2B vertical, with mixed pipeline
- Existing relationships, books of business, and proven track record of sales achievement
- Existing domain expertise in business intelligence, analytics, paid search/social, display advertising – insights and martech gamut – or willingness to quickly learn
- Hungry, positively aggressive, curious, and creative
- Able to set and make KPIs in rapidly changing industry
- Right kind of ambition: growing people, revenue, and products with no bureaucracy or politics
- Not a 11am-3pm Mountainview job: legwork, persistence, and travel required
- Bachelor’s degree, no restriction on concentration
- MBA a plus, but not overly necessary
- Self-starters with Udacity, Coursera, Udemy nanodegrees and coursework welcome
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top