Director of Operations (One Year Maternity Leave)
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Operations will be responsible for the ongoing operations of the Ebates Canada website and the team who is responsible for the day-to day management and optimization of the site. Responsible for leading a high-performing team, this individual must be a results-driven leader who can mentor and help grow direct reports. With a focus on exceeding growth targets, the Director of Operations will ensure new and increased revenue opportunities are realized according to the company’s overall strategic plans through communicating effectively with cross-functional teams throughout all levels of the organization, across teams and borders.
* Lead marketing operations (MOPs) team which is responsible for daily management and optimization of website content and assets, images and ad placements.
* Critically analyze key metrics and leverage on a regular basis to inform site content optimization, to drive top and bottom line results. Identify opportunities as well as missed opportunities and share insight with the team.
* Maintain compliance with JSOX and all company policies, procedures, and contractual obligations with respect to internal marketing operations and user experience. Ensure quality and expectations in all aspects of operations are followed.
* Ensure adequate disaster recovery, security and business continuity plans & procedures are in place and maintained.
* Train team on new products and tools. Providing coaching, training, and development opportunities for the team to ensure appropriate skill sets are maintained and the team remains qualified for the activities they are required to perform
* Have a good knowledge of backend processes and IT platforms, understanding limits and possibilities to better support decision making, aid troubleshooting and identifying potential improvements.
* Ensure merchant data issues and order tracking issues are understood and managed to resolution, putting top priority on issues resulting in revenue and margin loss
* Work collaboratively with head of Member Services to facilitate clear communication between teams; attend weekly Member Services meetings, ensure they have proper operational support from the Toronto team
* Work closely with the head of payments in San Francisco to oversee member cash back payment procedures. Ensure correct timing, accuracy, fraud management and member experience requirements are met.
* Ensure GM is up to speed on all payment related issues including fraud management, need address efforts, payment volume and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure our efforts are always aligned with our corporate priorities: to achieve our monthly/quarterly/annual growth targets
* Prepare weekly report for GM on status and progress to goals
* Prepare and present QBR: quarterly presentation to the team on achievements and major projects/ objectives for the coming quarter
* Experience in operational management is essential, preferably in e-commerce;
* Proven leadership experience with the ability to resolve problems and drive issues/opportunities to rapid resolution in a live, consumer-facing web business;
* Must thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. Experience in a start-up is a plus.
* Proven track record of delivering against targets;
* Must possess a consultative approach with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
* Must inspire others through leading by example each day;
* Proven people management and development skills and an ability to motivate others;
* Ability to work additional hours as needed, especially around holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Note: Direct candidates only. No third parties
Back to top