Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
Our DevOps Engineer plays a critical role in the Technology Operations organization. You're overall responsibility is to build and maintain our server infrastructure and automate service deployments. You'll also develop tools and strategies for deployment, testing and monitoring to achieve our goal of security compliance 100% up-time and quick turnaround of new code deployments for the engineering organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for ease of software deployment, scalability, security and fault-tolerancy
- Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their service automation needs
- Develop system and service deployment scripts for Production and Pre-Production web services environments
- Develop a process to integrate DevOps with engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle
- Ensure the secure deployment process to be PCI compliant
- Available for 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Linux deployment support for a company with high traffic web site in a private or public or hybrid cloud
- At least 2 years of experience in working for an e-commerce company. Production operations experience in web stack administration is a must
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps role
- 2+ years of working experience on Tomcat, Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB, Apache, Nginx, ActiveMQ environments
- Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Groovy/Python
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning
- Build and release automation tools: Jenkins/TeamCity
- Experience with one or more of: Puppet, Chef or Docker
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No 3rd party or outside vendors please.
Back to top