We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This is a full-time position located in Raffles, Singapore and reports to the Director of Technology Operations. You will develop tools and strategies for deployment, testing and monitoring to support Ebates' goal of security compliance 100% up-time and quick turnaround of new code deployments for the Engineering organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Continuously improve the Ebates infrastructure in order to easily deploy, be scalable, secure and fault-tolerant
- Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their service automation needs
- Develop system and service deployment scripts for production and pre-production web services in a AWS / VMware hybrid environment
- Develop a process to make DevOps a part of the engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle
- Ensure that secure deployment and operations processes are PCI compliant
- Monitor & manage analytics of server and applications
- Have a passion for automation and infrastructure as code principles
- Be available for a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- 3+ years' experience with AWS. VPC (strong understanding of network and subnets), EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, roles and policies. Route53, CloudFormation scripting and operations
- Mastery of scripting skills in at least one of the following: Ruby, Bash or Python
- Strong working experience on LEMP and LAMP stack environments
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning
- Build and release automation tools (Jenkins and/or TeamCity)
- Experience with at least one of the following: Puppet, Chef or Docker
- AWS cloud, VMWare ESX and Linux
- Knowledge of payment systems and PCI standards is a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
Director Of Product Management
Serge manages Ebates' product cycle, working with his team to create innovative technology for the Ebates platform—and providing Ebates' members with exceptional shopping experiences.
Back to top