Viki, a Rakuten Company (Japan Stock Exchange: 4755), is a global TV site with more than tens of millions of viewers a month watching the world's primetime TV and movies, subtitled in over 200 languages by a community of fans. With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
We are in search of a DevOps Engineer for Ebates Inc. Like Viki, Ebates is part of the Rakuten family of companies. This is a full-time position located in Pacific Beach, San Diego and reports to the Director of Technology Operations. You will develop tools and strategies for deployment, testing and monitoring to support Ebates' goal of security compliance 100% up-time and quick turnaround of new code deployments for the Engineering organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Continuously improve the Ebates infrastructure in order to easily deploy, be scalable, secure and fault-tolerant
- Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their service automation needs
- Develop system and service deployment scripts for production and pre-production web services in a AWS / VMware hybrid environment
- Develop a process to make DevOps a part of the engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle
- Ensure that secure deployment and operations processes are PCI compliant
- Monitor & manage analytics of server and applications
- Have a passion for automation and infrastructure as code principles
- Be available for a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- 3+ years' experience with AWS. VPC (strong understanding of network and subnets), EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, roles and policies. Route53, CloudFormation scripting and operations
- Mastery of scripting skills in at least one of the following: Ruby, Bash or Python
- Strong working experience on LEMP and LAMP stack environments
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning
- Build and release automation tools (Jenkins and/or TeamCity)
- Experience with at least one of the following: Puppet, Chef or Docker
- AWS cloud, VMWare ESX and Linux
- Knowledge of payment systems and PCI standards is a plus
Rakuten Group of companies also includes Viber, Ebates, Kobo and more; reaching a global audience of nearly 1 billion users. This is an excellent opportunity to join a medium-sized team and make a difference as we scale.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Viki are considered property of Viki and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
Director Of Product Management
Serge manages Ebates' product cycle, working with his team to create innovative technology for the Ebates platform—and providing Ebates' members with exceptional shopping experiences.
Back to top