Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
Reporting to the Director of Technology Operations, the DevOps Engineer is a critical engineering role in the Technology Operations organization with a charter to build and maintain Ebates’ server infrastructure and automate service deployments. The DevOps Engineer will develop tools and strategies for deployment, testing and monitoring to support Ebates’ goal of security compliance 100% up-time and quick turnaround of new code deployments for the engineering organization.
This position is located in the Ebates San Diego, CA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
• Continuously improve the Ebates infrastructure in order to easily to deploy, be scalable, secure and fault-tolerant.
• Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their service automation needs.
• Develop system and service deployment scripts for Production and Pre-Production web services in AWS / VMware hybrid environment
• Develop a process to make DevOps a part of the engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle.
• Ensure that secure deployment and operations processes are PCI compliant.
• Monitor & mange analytics of Server and Applications
• Have a passion for automation and infrastructure as code principles
• Be Available for 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.
• 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration, preferably in an E-Commerce environment
• 3+ years of experience in DevOps role
• 3+ years’ experience with AWS. VPC (strong understanding of network and subnets), EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, Roles & Polices. Route53, CloudFormation scripting and Operations
• Mastery of scripting skills in at least one of: Ruby/Bash/Python
• Strong working experience on LEMP and LAMP stack environments.
• Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning.
• Build and release automation tools: Jenkins/Teamcity
• Experience with at least on of Puppet, Chef or Docker
• AWS cloud, VMWare ESX, Linux
• Knowledge of payment systems and PCI standards is a plus
Principals only, no third-party recruiters
Back to top