We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply now!
We're seeking an exceptional Data Scientist with deep expertise in statistics, machine learning and optimization to help drive growth on a core part of our product offering. You should be a team player, with the ability to work with wide range of stakeholders and functional teams, and be comfortable on the front lines of the business making a real difference. You will be responsible for creating and enhancing data science products, through innovative thought processes, all the way from conception to deployment and testing. This role is perfect for someone looking to make a real difference by deploying their data science skill set at a successful and growing company.
Please note this position may be in our San Mateo office but we may have flexibility for another Ebates offices as appropriate.
- Design and develop scalable algorithms, using large amounts of data, to drive ever smarter products
- Use data mining skills to design and develop tools that can optimize recommendations and user experience for our website customers
- Use internal data to better understand customer behavior within the business funnel, from acquisition, through retention to monetization
- Deliver impact on variety of areas like content personalization, customer communication, payments, product development and merchant relationships
- Practice and recommend latest technology trends and statistical / mathematical methodologies
- Work closely with a variety of teams to deploy tests, drive deployment and adoption of data science products
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ years experience working as a data scientist at an e-commerce website
- Strong R or Python skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong applied machine learning skills of multiple techniques and algorithms, such as decision trees, regression, k-NN, unsupervised pattern detection etc.
- Experience working with reporting tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with Scala a plus
- Experience working as a data scientist for an e-commerce website
- Experience developing optimization and recommendation algorithms
- Experience using statistics and a variety of models to understand the workings of an ecommerce business
- Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
- Experience with successfully moving data science products from prototypes to production release
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working on multiple projects at the same time, with short deadlines
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top