Data Engineer - ShopStyle
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com.
We are in search of a Data Engineer. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Backend Engineering. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to build and manage some of our financial data processing jobs and reports. The Senior Data Engineer will also contribute to overall big data platform development. You will work on some of the emerging technologies and tools for data analytics and will have opportunities to be part of some innovative and prestigious projects. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design improvements to ShopStyle’s data processing platform, built entirely in Scala
- Lead the software development lifecycle of new processing jobs and data pipelines
- Work with data scientists and other business members to develop requirements for data engineering projects
- Design and build data applications that will drive or enhance our products and customer experience
- Work directly with product stakeholders at the company to help them solve their most difficult problems
- Data is in demand by the entire organization, and you will regularly work with product managers, analysts, business development and other engineering teams
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- Excellent Programming skills using Java or Scala
- Experience with Apache Spark or competing Big Data processing frameworks
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
- Well versed in software development principles and processes including: analysis, design and continuous delivery
- Good communication skills that can deal with diverse types of people from Data Science, Marketing, Finance, Product Management and QA groups
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and algorithms
- 1+ year(s) of existing Scala experience
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting tools
- Experience with Apache Cassandra
- Experience with Amazon Elastic MapReduce
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top