Customer Services Manager
We're always looking for talented and creative people to join our team. Ebates offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2016, members spent over $6 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2016, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Ebates!
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
To learn about our culture and cool work environment, check us out on The Muse.
This position is responsible for providing a variety of customer services to online shoppers through application of knowledge of our organization, its services and products while using patience, professionalism and positivity. Resolve problems by clarifying customers’ requests, questions and complaints, frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine best use of resources. Maintain customer records by updating account information.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of staff engaged in the Member Service Department.
- Develops leadership abilities of the Supervisor staff.
- Observes, coaches, and evaluates Supervisor performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. (Quality, Production, & Miscellaneous)
- Ensures that all Supervisor duties are completed within the required time frame.
- Ensure all incoming inquiries from client and/or customers are executed in a professional, polite, and courteous manner.
- Manages, Supervisor team productivity, monitors workload, and addresses periods of peak volume, ensures quality and standards are consistently achieved and guidelines are followed/acheived.
- Documents monthly Management evaluations and submits documentation of Manager performance progression monthly
- Responsible for reporting and assuming administrative duties for occurrences regarding attendance, performance, and all aspects of company policy up to and including termination at the representative and Supervisor level.
- Expert knowledge, understanding, and compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Issues instructions and assigns duties to Supervisor level.
- Assists in communicating issues and improvements with other departments. Follows up on ongoing improvements and issues to resolution.
- Communicates work procedures and company policy to staff. Involved in updating and delegating the department wiki content (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Assists in supporting Supervisor staff with higher escalated cases. These include, but are not limited to; Better Business Bureau, Attorney General Threats, Social Media Channels.
- Hosts and conducts weekly departmental meetings/trainings.
- Assists with hiring and ending employee relationships.
- Makes decisions and recommendations to the Director concerning staff and improvements with procedures.
- Plans and develops improved procedures.
- Assists in planning for training and is involved in training of Supervisors.
- Creates and maintains a positive, respectful work environment for staff.
- Reports and follows up on building concerns with facilities staff.
- Accountable for all decisions, actions, and directives with respect to job responsibilities.
- Conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Processes payroll and approves PTO for assigned Supervisor staff.
- Monitor and handle social media inquiries
- Reports to, follows development plans and directions from the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent preferred
- Equivalent experience in managing Customer Service teams for over 3 years.
- 2-3 years’ management experience required
- 2-3 years’ experience in managing a Supervisor team and Representative team up to 100 employees
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software preferable
- Customer service experience in the high tech/internet industry preferred
- Working knowledge of computer systems, email programs, and internet navigation
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient problem solving ability
- Strong word processing and typing skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Accuracy with language and numbers
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Coaching and development skills
- Administrative skills with personnel
- Persistence, determination, and a firm but friendly manner
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top