Customer Service Representative (BILINGUAL ENGLISH/JAPANESE)
Rebates is the newest member of the Ebates family of web sites and offers rewards to Japanese consumers for shopping at their favorite retailers. In business since 1999, Ebates Inc. operates rewards sites around the world that are used by millions of people. While we have earned numerous industry awards, we are most proud of consistently earning customer satisfaction scores that rank among the highest in any field. Ebates Inc. has been owned by Rakuten Inc. since 2014.
Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse and Glassdoor to learn about our culture and cool work environment:
This position provides customer service during normal U.S. business hours to users of our Tokyo-based shopping rewards site. As such, fluency in Japanese and English are essential, as is an ability to work independently. This position is responsible for providing a variety of customer services to online shoppers through the application of knowledge of our organization, its services and products while using patience, professionalism and positivity. The Customer Service Representative will resolve problems by clarifying customers’ requests, questions and complaints, and must often perform analysis of situations to determine the best use of resources.
- Review support requests and clarify customer complaints.
- Determine cause of problems.
- Select and explain the best solutions to solve problems.
- Communicate with the team and others in the company to solve problems as needed.
- Expedite corrections or adjustments.
- Follow up to ensure resolutions
- Recognize, document and alert manager of trends.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Provide on-the-job training for new employees.
- Must be bilingual English/Japanese
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent preferred
- 2-3 years customer service experience required
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software preferable
- Customer service experience in the high tech/internet industry preferred
- Working knowledge of computer systems, email programs, and internet navigation
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Japanese
- Proficient problem solving ability
- Strong word processing and typing skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Accuracy with language and numbers
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Persistence, determination, and a firm but friendly manner
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top