Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
The Creative Director will develop and oversee the visual branding of all Ebates channels, including our PC and mobile websites, apps, print materials, marketing collateral, online promotions, merchant ads and offers on our site and in our emails and events. The successful candidate combines deep visual and UX design expertise with excellent leadership and management skills, and thrives in a data and metric-centric environment. You will grow and manage an all-star design team and work closely with stakeholders in marketing, product management and web development.
Please submit or provide a link to an online portfolio in order to be considered for this position.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Work closely with marketing and product management on new initiatives and ongoing web site improvements and optimization
- Oversee creative direction of website, apps and mobile for several brands
- Oversee our promotions from concept to completion
- Coordinate and manage audio/visual/staging aspects of corporate events
- Direct design for all sales and marketing collateral
- Create media and advertising designs for print and online materials
- Maintain design schedule across all mediums, manage product workflow
- Lead and build our talented team of creative. In particular, guide prioritization and help them to further develop their skillsets.
- Generate positive energy and serve as a role model & creative inspiration across the broader marketing team.
- Some copywriting
- Phenomenal brand development to delight customers
- Rising site and app metrics, based on improving UX
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design and marketing projects
- Strong working relationships with members of the various functions dependent on design output
- Retention and job satisfaction of team members
- 7+ years of proven success working on top notch online retail brands as a design director/creative director
- Web and mobile design & UI experience with workable understanding of HTML/CSS/Flash
- Strong, proven leadership skills and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team
- Print production experience on consumer catalogs and marketing collateral
- Great communication skills
- Enjoy collaboration and teamwork; interacts well with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Engages in all content, and is able to present design vision and philosophy – anchored in UX and web metrics
- Superior in typography and design sense
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion
- Fluent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
- Strong relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills
Direct candidates only. No third parties.
Back to top