Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2015, members spent over $5 billion on Ebates' websites and since the inception of the company, have earned over $400 million in cash back. During the peak days of 2015, 5% of all online shopping went through Ebates!
We are part of the Rakuten family of companies, a high growth ecommerce company operating in the U.S. & internationally, and providing Ebates with substantial capital, access to great technology, and international markets. Our global consumer audience is nearly 1 billion users. We're always looking for talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience, we’d like to talk to you.
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment: https://www.themuse.com/companies/ebates
We are looking for a talented Corporate Attorney who has the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise sound business judgment with critical thinking skills and high ethical standards. You should be a practical, clear, creative, business-focused and solution-oriented attorney, and a team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Our attorneys are expected to be able to maintain focus to task completion with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and support company-wide, worldwide on a variety of legal issues on a daily basis in a timely and effective manner.
- Partner with other business functions including sales, marketing, engineering, finance and human resources to maintain legal compliance.
- Collaborate with representatives from various departments on developing and modifying practices and procedures to conform with legal requirements.
- Ensure all forms, policies and procedures of the company are in compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Formulate and implement corporate legal policy concerning a variety of legal issues.
- Identify, research and analyze relevant federal, state and local requirements and translate the requirements into business solutions.
- Act as a liaison with outside law firms.
- Participate in the development and review of press, communications and advertising materials.
- Participate in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions and other transactions including drafting and reviewing agreements.
- Prepare commercial contracts, form agreements and other documents for day-to-day business transactions.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Counsel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- J.D. degree and license to practice law in California
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience with at least 2 years of in-house corporate experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong collaborative skills
- Experience preferably in technology, mobile, social media, casual gaming, online advertising/marketing and/or Internet commerce
- Experience in overseeing intellectual property matters, specifically privacy and publicity rights, trademark and copyright and drafting of related agreements
- Experience with international matters
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written communication skills
- Familiar with a wide variety of general corporate and commercial transactional work
Additional / Preferred Skills:
- Prior exposure to FCC and FTC compliance.
- Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and/or Korean language skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top