Business Development Manager
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan, and third largest e-commerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
We are hiring a position to manage Business Development opportunities for Rakuten.com from our San Mateo headquarters. Our dream candidate is highly motivated, collaborative, and a strategic hunter with a passion for evangelizing the Rakuten.com philosophy and value proposition with enthusiasm. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and analysis for key target brands and/or categories
- Generates and pursues prospective new business development partnerships to fuel GMV
- Achieves or exceeds monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Manages and drives the pipeline activities as well as updates, tracks and monitors the opportunity pipeline for the team using Salesforce
- Storyboard and communicate value of Rakuten.com platform in-person and via WebEx
- Work closely with account management team to define category and target lists
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University
- 4-6+ years in Business Development at retail, technology, or eCommerce company
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Hunter/gatherer/builder skillset and prioritization
- Smart, creative, humble, hungry, funny, and nice
- You should be competitive, self-motivated individual with a strong desire to win
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
Director Of Product Management
Serge manages Ebates' product cycle, working with his team to create innovative technology for the Ebates platform—and providing Ebates' members with exceptional shopping experiences.
Back to top