BI Engineer- Rakuten
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide. Rakuten seeks to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered breakfast and lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment in San Mateo, CA. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
The BI data engineer will be part of the Big Data Department data analytics team and will be responsible for delivering medium to high complexity “data analytical platform as a service” to various Rakuten Business Units globally. This includes the development and recommendation of new Big Data Analytic systems; the coding & development of advanced analytics solutions to make/optimize business decisions and processes; searching for and integrating new tools to improve descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics; and discovery of new technical challenges that can be solved with existing and emerging Big Data hardware and software solutions.
- Advanced Data Manipulation - Advanced Excel, SQL, or similar
- Strong analytical skills using programming languages such as R, Python, etc.
- Proven background working with RDB such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.
- To be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows.
- Good knowledge of ETL tools such as SSIS, Talend, etc.
- Good knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau, DOMO, Microstrategy, Power BI.
- Experience with web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
- Good knowledge of Linux Shell programming.
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools such as Pig, Hive, and Impala.
- To enjoy being challenged and to solve complex problems on a daily basis.
- To have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- To be able to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top