Backend Engineer - ShopStyle
ShopStyle is the world’s leading fashion search engine with the largest offering across 18 million products from more than 1,400 edited brands and retailers across the globe. By partnering with a curated selection of the best retailers and brands, our customers are confident in our search results covering every brand or store worth shopping, resulting in a smart, quick, relevant and inspirational shopping experience.
ShopStyle Collective is our influencer program that helps monetize any digital shopping content. Our network of more than 14,000 bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers and app developers empower fashion-focused shopping across their respective channels.
Our philosophy of bringing the very best to our customers extends to our employees, who are the driving force behind our vision. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and London, we are passionate about our culture and are always seeking talented, creative individuals to join us in our purpose — changing the way people shop.
For more information, visit ShopStyle.com.
We are in search of a Backend Engineer. This is a full-time position located in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Backend Engineering. We are looking for an experienced Java Backend Engineer to join a growing team of talented and motivated frontend and backend engineers. Working side by side with the product team, the engineering team develops and maintains a global monetization and media platform for fashion and lifestyle influencers. All our backend is hosted at Amazon and leverage Amazon Web Services whenever possible. The main application is a REST Api powered by a Java application using the Jersey framework within a Tomcat server. We have started splitting this monolithic app into smaller microservices developed with Spring Boot. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement features that enable influencers to create content for their audience across different platforms (blog, social networks, video, etc.)
- Expand the analytics dashboards where influencers currently track their performance
- Design and build internal tools and dashboards to help the Account Management team monitor and assist influencers
- Develop and maintain the payment application used to pay influencers and generate reports for the Finance team
- Monitor and maintain the existing backend functionalities
- Contribute to weekly product releases, sprint plannings and code reviews with a small and dynamic engineering team
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- 5+ years of core Java programming experience
- Proven experience with several of the technologies composing our stack (see below)
- Excellent understanding of OOP design principles (loose coupling, encapsulation, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of backend paradigms (multithreading, caching, performance tuning)
- Experience with relational databases (we use MySql) and/or NoSql databases (we use MongoDB)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Performance analysis experience of backend code
- Proficient with frontend developer tools such as JS Console and the network panel
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience working within a distributed microservices architecture
- Experience building an analytics backend that can process several millions of events daily
- Experience mentoring other developers
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Ebates are considered property of Ebates and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Meet Some of Ebates's Employees
QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer, Siddhi works with Ebates' Release Team to ensure any code going into production is working effectively and ready for release.
Back to top