Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Senior Project Engineer
Eaton's Aerospace business in Titchfield, Hampshire is recognized as an industry leader in aerospace fuel systems and a premier supplier of fully integrated fuel systems for fixed and rotary wing aircraft. The site offers extensive fuel and air system test facilities, allowing either complete aircraft fuel & inerting systems or components to be tested over a wide range of altitudes and temperatures with differing fuel types
As a Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development and qualification of new electro-mechanical fuel system components as well as support for existing in-service products. You will deliver yourself or coordinate internal and external technical resource in the delivery of your allocated projects to ensure it is delivered to specification, on time and to budget. You will also act as the technical point of contact for the customer and will develop long-term customer relations.
In this fast-paced environment it is essential that the successful candidate also has excellent organisation abilities and the ability to work on their own initiative. Previous experience working in an aerospace engineering environment would be advantageous, although applicants from other high technology engineering backgrounds will be considered.
To support the development of electro-mechanical Fuel System Components through the full lifecycle of the programme, including but not limited to:
- Responsible for leading and completing electro-mechanical engineering projects. Coordination and execution of qualification tests, reporting and providing technical input to ensure that the engineering deliverables are delivered to specification, on time and to budget.
- Ensure that customer requirements are properly understood and that the design implementation meets these requirements.
- Create and manage detailed planning of engineering activities in line with top level program plan and in accordance with Eaton gate review process
- Prepare and review technical documentation in accordance with company procedures.
- Co-ordinate internal and external resources and provide technical leadership to engineers such that project actions are delivered to specification, on time and to budget.
- Act as the technical point of contact for the customer and maintain or improve customer relations.
- Ensure timely and consistent communication on progress, impacts and changes associated with the technical directions and status of the projects.
- Lead failure investigations associated with fuel system products.
Good engineering degree, (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Equivalent) or an apprenticeship plus relevant technical experience.
- Experience in a relevant professional engineering environment ideally gained in the aerospace or equivalent high technology industry.
- Experience with electro-mechanical product design and qualification.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Knowledge or strong interest in aerospace system technology.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Authority to work in the UK and within the US ITAR legislation.
What Eaton offers?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
- Excellent working environment - safety and ethics are important to us.
Candidates applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening
The successful applicant will be in contact with US ITAR controlled technology, goods and information. As a condition of employment, employees with access to US ITAR controlled technology and goods may be required to undergo an additional screening process as part of the recruitment process.