What you'll do:
Responsible for the development and qualification testing of new electro-mechanical fuel system components as well as support for existing designs currently in service.
Responsible for leading and completing electrical and mechanical engineering projects. Coordination and execution of qualification tests, reporting and providing technical input to ensure that the engineering deliverables are delivered to specification, on time and to budget.
Also responsible for ensuring that technical, regulatory and commercial requirements are properly understood by the technical project team and that the design implementation meets these requirements.
To support the development of electro-mechanical Fuel System Components through the full lifecycle of the programme, including but not limited to:
• Create and manage detailed planning of engineering activities in line with top level program plan
• Ensure Engineering activities are completed per the agreed timeframes and in line with company gate review processes
• To generate technical review data-packs and present them at Engineering Reviews
• Prepare and present technical presentations at internal and external design reviews
• Ensure timely and consistent communication on progress, impacts and changes associated with the technical directions and status of the projects. Maintain project manager and engineering leadership understanding and support of programme objectives and approach.
• Create technical documentation in accordance with company procedures and customer expectation.
• To participate and support monthly project updates (Programme Status Report).
• Participate in failure investigations associated with fuel system products.
• To maintain a well organised project filing system and working environment in line with Eaton process
Experience / Qualifications Required
• Good engineering degree, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or equivalent (BEng/BSc, MEng/MSc).
• Good technical and analytical (Fluid Dynamic, Stress, Electrical ...) knowledge base with the ability to understand and generate analysis.
• Experience in a relevant professional engineering environment ideally gained in the aerospace or equivalent high technology industry.
• Experience in New Product Introduction of aerospace products.
• Experience with electrical and mechanical product design and qualification.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Knowledge or strong interest in aerospace system technology.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Authority to work in the UK and within the US ITAR legislation.