What you'll do:
The primary function of the Application Engineer is to provide design assistance and application support to the Eaton BG (Buildings as a Grid) business unit, Country Sales Organizations (CSO), consulting engineers and channel partners in the territory for BG installations and enhance the value generated for customers. Provide necessary safety precautions and calculations during front-end engineering design (FEED), quotation and pre-order stage, in accordance with company guidelines and procedures, to reach an acceptable solution for all parties involved on the complex technical questions.
- Sales To support sales organizations with technical and commercial requests by analysing customer requirements, making quotations and supporting material, and designing solutions together with several stake holders (R&D, Product Marketing, Production, Sales, Suppliers etc.) as a product specialist. To read, interpret and align on customer specifications in order to create supporting materials and a competitive Eaton solution including mechanical, electrical, safety and control systems.
- Technical Reviews or writes specifications in tender phase and creates deviation lists and solutions together with other stake holders like New Product Development team, Project managers & Business development managers. Customizes specialized BG systems according to client needs and documents required modifications to standard products. Advise on 3rd party or special equipment (material cost and labour/engineering efforts) in order to provide technical competitive solutions to quotation engineers.
- Representation To host, visit, inform, train and advise Eaton colleagues, customers and third parties. Representing the company as a technical consultant - at all organisational levels and events about technical possibilities of products, systems and services during FEED, quotation and pre-order stages within the given authority level and in close co-operation with sales management, in order to build up and maintain strong relationships.
- Projects Determines and understands potential project constraints including estimated time, resources and costs. Execution and supervision of multiple projects in parallel while meeting requested return dates of the quotation engineer / project manager with tight deadlines on time. For some key projects contribute on delivery of the solution up to final release to customers. Clean hand over to Order Management and Manufacturing (Project) Engineering, systems engineers to ensure technical compliance in the order stage based on agreed customer solutions.
- Documentation To write various kinds of technical and commercial documents regarding design, testing, commissioning, and delivery, in line with general accepted standards in Engineering, in order to assure that the customer specifications are met upon delivery. Including "comments, deviations, exceptions" as part of the technical compliance of the project. To administer all relevant information according to the company's guidelines, in order to assure timely availability for management and colleagues.
- General Additional general responsibilities are acting all time ethically and according to Eaton Values and Philosophy and showing active interest in developing his/her own work, skills and competencies. Building good working relations in the team and other departments and locations is expected. As well as commitment to deliver high quality, achieve personal goals and to support achievement of business strategy and goals in all circumstances. Takes responsibility for safety of everyone working in the company (reports any identified safety concerns).
- BSc. Electrical Engineering or related field
- +5 years of experience in a similar position
- Demonstrates good technical knowledge on power electronics and three phase electrical systems and solutions
- Preferably in energy distribution, control and monitoring (IT/protocol such as ethernet, OCPP, RS-485), IEC standards, integrated solution design and development
- Strong knowledge in electrical design and understanding of energy distribution applications
- Technical sales aptitude: specifications and demands
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously and completes projects with tight deadlines
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Analytical, autonomous, accountable
- Good problem-solving skills and innovative thinking
- Good written & oral communications skills in English (French or German is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic and international environment
- Customer oriented with excellent customer skills, continuously curious about customer behaviour
- Possess necessary computer skills including: Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Internet applications, Microsoft Office applications, and other product configuration tools