If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Manager- Application Engineering based in Chennai, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it's in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
It is primarily intended to bring a high degree of engineering and application knowledge to the Sales & Application team by handling all inside Sales activities relating to Eaton Crouse-Hinds products and to manage the engineering jobs to the highest level of Customer satisfaction by meeting / exceeding the company's objectives along with the focus on Local Assembly
- Provide guidance and direction to direct reports, including setting performance goals and monitoring performance to ensure the Pre & Post Order Engineering & Application support to EMEAI region.
- Ownership of activities to support the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises team members.
- Working with Manufacturing, Operations and Quality departments, reviews and monitors quality and process improvement.
- Prioritize the activities of a multi-functional team in the areas of specification review, product selection, commercial strategy, cost/price development and proposal generation.
- Deliver with accuracy of the proposed techno-commercial solutions and engineering drawings.
- Manage incoming inquiries by self, maintaining close communication with our Sales / Customer to ensure the best offer to meet the customer requirement and order win ratio.
- Evaluate customer drawings and specifications to determine our scope of supply, detailing cost impacts of complying with the Sales team wherever necessary.
- Liaison with factories for inquiries that cannot be satisfied with standard catalogue / local assembly items and select special adaptations of products to meet customer requirements.
- Liaison with our Sales / Customer to resolve any discrepancies with regard to technical or contractual requirements.
- Continuously engage to develop standardized solutions to avoid repeat jobs.
- Develop the talent & skill set of the team both technically & commercially.
- Technical / Commercial Contract Review of Purchase Orders with necessary instruction leaflet for customer service team for order processing.
- To achieve on time order entry & order processing.
- Liaising with other Cooper Crouse-Hinds Sales Offices, SCM and manufacturing facilities as required.
- Coordinate with various factories for the quote, and engineering drawings.
- Ensure proper communication to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to improve the margin.
- Coordinate with local assembly team to iron out all technical clarification and ensure a smooth execution of the orders
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/ Electronics engineering with 15+ years' experience in engineering, estimation and drawing preparation role offering solutions in to Oil & Gas customers
- 5+ years people management experience
- Exposure to manufacturing processes along with in-depth knowledge of certifications and design tests
- SAP knowledge and analytical skills are must
- Experience in Ex Lighting and Ex panel boards in NEC & IEC ( North American electrical Code/ International electrical code)
- SAP, CAD, Dialux, MS Office and Windows
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD EMEAI
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes - Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time