Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Director of Engineering for our Power Components Division (PCD). This position will be based in our Moon Township, PA location.
Reporting to the Sr VP/GM, the Director is responsible for all aspects of product engineering within the PCD product lines ($750m, 2800 employees in the Americas).
This person will have overall responsibility for developing new products, cost out through design (VAVE) and sustaining engineering on existing product lines. The Director of Engineering will have direct reports overseeing the engineering of Molded Case Circuit Breakers, Air Circuit Breakers, Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers, Vacuum Interrupters, Electronic Trip Units, and related Software/Apps. In addition, she/he will have functional responsibility for the Meters, Relays, Digital Solutions. This position is also accountable for meeting new product revenue and vitality targets, cost out savings via redesign (VAVE) and supporting the maintenance of existing products including material substitutions, design quality improvements and codes and standards changes.
- Works with product management to set the product roadmap and waterline strategy to grow the business with winning new products and technologies
- Works with VP of Engineering to maintain and refine a 5-year technology roadmap
- Directly oversees engineering functions across PCD and ensures we have the right skillsets to meet our objectives. Attracts and retains a talented, diverse engineering team
- Sustains all product lines overseeing Product Line Support (PLS) teams in plants. Ensures we have technical oversight and approvals for material substitutions, codes and standards changes, and general technical product support for sales, marketing and operations
- Interface, collaborate and coordinate with other functions (manufacturing, supply chain, etc.), customers, suppliers, etc. to ensure smooth introduction of new products, materials and manufacturing technologies
- Key member of PCD senior leadership team creating strategic vision for product lines including embracing new markets like Energy Transition and Digital
- Keeps current on changing technologies and best practices. Particularly Energy Transition trends, IoT/digital technology, power electronics, codes and standards for electrical safety and additive manufacturing
- Works with the Program Management function to execute detailed project schedules incorporating resource management, milestone deliverables, and administration of Prelaunch and PROLaunch projects
- Works with VP of Engineering to continuously improve and standardize our use of Eaton Business System engineering elements (PROLaunch, Prelaunch, DFSS, Portfolio Management and Technology Roadmaps) across product lines
- Develops and oversees advanced technology programs with Eaton Research Labs
- Coordinates work across global engineering locations for PCD in Pittsburgh, PA; Beaver, PA; Horseheads, NY; Belmont, NC; Arecibo P.R.; Santo Domingo, D.R.; Haina, D.R.; Pune, India
- Manage R&D expense and Capital spending for PCD
- Fifteen (15) years of product engineering experience with new product development focus.
- Seven (7) years of leadership of people in product engineering
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Background in power distribution, UL and IEC safety standards
- Understands the Electrical Power Distribution market, regulatory influences, the competitive landscape and broader context of the business strategy
- Proficiency in software, cloud, firmware, electronics and application development.
- Experience dealing with product liability and product patent matters
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational structure
- Knowledge of current engineering techniques, practices, and engineering standards
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required
- An advanced degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation and complete benefits
- This position will be based in our Moon Township, PA location
Why Work At Eaton:
2022 Annual Investor Conference:
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 412-893-3600 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number. All other inquiries related to your job search will not be supported by this phone number.
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power - today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we're accelerating the planet's transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world's most urgent power management challenges, and doing what's best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes - Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time