The purpose of this position is deployment of the category strategy for Global Supply base Tail and Middle spend suppliers to drive optimal cost and conditions (commercial, quality, delivery)in Alignment with Global Stakeholders. Ensure Tail supplier elimination through resourcing to move Spend from Eliminate to Strategic/Growth Suppliers. Manage Tail/Middle spend of approximately $30 Mn spend. Analyze Spend data to Prepare RFQ Packages in alignment with Category Strategy. Follow Procurement excellence tools and Digital platforms like GPS , Power BI ,Eaton Standard sourcing process , Should cost , TCO and One Part. Well versed with Virtual communication & Coordination with stakeholders to adhere timely completion of projects. Collaborate with other functions (operations, quality, logistics, engineering) for resourcing and rationalization.
1. Develop, plan, monitor and execute direct material cost out projects for Tail and Middle Spend suppliers utilizing the Eaton Standard Sourcing Process. The project should provide NET 4.5% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
2. Well versed with Spend Data Analytics to identify opportunities for resourcing , Supplier Elimination to achieve cost out & Category Strategy objectives.
3. Experienced with virtual communication & Coordination with Global stakeholders to adhere timely completion of projects in collaborative way.
4. Lead Compliant decision making in alignment with Global stakeholder.
5. Passionate to work in challenging status Quo conditions with help of Procurement excellence tools (Eaton Standard sourcing process , Should cost , TCO and One Part) and take End to end ownership of the resourcing projects confirming CODB ( Cost out data base) activation & project closure.
6. Equipped to work in Digital Platforms like Global Purchasing SharePoint , Power BI Reports , Enovia & One Part.
7. Implement and execute on global commodity sourcing strategies to effectively leverage Eaton's global spend in conjunction with the Global Commodity Managers, Businesses & Engineering to deliver cost benefits.
8. Help keep commodity strategies aligned with latest internal and external environmental, market and economic factors. Build and maintain organizational consensus and alignment to the commodity strategies.
9. Manage the Resourcing Project execution in coordination with cross functional team to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as "high risk." Interface with suppliers, product engineering, and the Eaton plant to drive on-time project completion. Work projects through ramp up and successful launch.
10. Collaborate with Engineering & Category/Business Managers on part & supplier rationalization opportunities
11. Responsible to maintain supply continuity via risk identification and mitigation.
12. Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adheres to Eaton's Code of Conduct.
13. Work with category managers to establish and develop category strategy for tail spend suppliers/parts.
14. Ensure program milestones are met as mutually established by the Global stakeholders and GSC CoE
15. Coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality in compliance with Eaton Data Management policies
Education level required Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering preferably Mechanical/Electrical Years and area of experience required Minimum 6-9 years' of experience as a commodity buyer for one of the commodities (Thermoset & Thermo plastic components , Resins , Rubber , Ceramics , Glass) Technical knowledge Commodity experience of supplier development & category strategy deployment Soft skills § Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
§ Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person, via e-mail and over phone
§ Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
§ Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
§ Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from associates to the leadership team.
§ Quick response to deadlines
§ Reporting and Analytics - Should have good experience on data analysis, report preparation and presentation to project team/stakeholders
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power - today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we're accelerating the planet's transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world's most urgent power management challenges, and doing what's best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes - Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Analyst - Procurement & Engineering
Perks and Benefits
Health and Wellness
- Health Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- HSA With Employer Contribution
- Fitness Subsidies
- On-Site Gym
- Pet Insurance
- Mental Health Benefits
- Virtual Fitness Classes
- Birth Parent or Maternity Leave
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Hybrid Work Opportunities
Office Life and Perks
- Casual Dress
- On-Site Cafeteria
Vacation and Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Personal/Sick Days
- Leave of Absence
- Summer Fridays
Financial and Retirement
- 401(K) With Company Matching
- Performance Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Financial Counseling
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Promote From Within
- Mentor Program
- Shadowing Opportunities
- Access to Online Courses
- Internship Program
- Work Visa Sponsorship
- Leadership Training Program
- Associate or Rotational Training Program
Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)