VP of Brand
- Palo Alto, CA
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures, and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
As VP of Brand you’ll:
- Establish Earnin as the product and service that empowers people in the United States to reach their financial goals while relieving financial stress
- Position Earnin as a trusted financial advocate and ally for all Americans
- Build a meaningful emotional connection with community members and employees through a brand that inspires potential community members with enthusiasm, excitement, optimism, hopefulness, and triumph
- Hire, develop, and retain a high-performance, data-driven team
- Drive demand to dramatically increase revenue
- Drive traffic for organic growth and increase organic top of funnel
- Lead the development of world-class brand campaigns, creative assets, and media buys that lift brand awareness and favorability while driving direct response performance metrics
- Leverage multiple channels to tell our compelling story to a mass scale audience
- Drive thought leadership, case studies, and success stories
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years product-driven brand building experience with a consumer product
- Customer-centric decision-making skills, translating the voice of the customer into product and communication strategies
- Data-driven thinking: the ability to define, measure and manage to quantifiable business, customer and financial metrics and goals
- Experience cultivating strategic partnerships that build a brand and drive measurable business outcomes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complexity into clear messaging, concise strategy and actionable communications understood simply by different audiences (internal and external)
- Creativity and innovative thinking with an appreciation for gut-driven, risk-taking action
- A proven track record of propelling a brand and business forward
- The ability to define, measure and manage to quantifiable business, customer and financial metrics and goals
- Strong empathy and advocacy for the Community Members with an ability to glean insights and behavioral drivers to develop appropriate strategies and stories
- Experience leading, influencing and working alongside a cross-functional group of marketing talent and marketing partners (ie media teams/digital marketing teams, creative teams, agencies, product teams, strategic partners)
- Ability to think strategically while focusing on tactical and operational issues
- Personally passionate about Earnin’s mission; embodies Earnin’s values
- Self-aware of strengths and weaknesses as a marketer (knows what you are good at and what a strong team can bring)
- Ideally experience in a highly competitive, direct-response industry (eg travel, direct-to-consumer, fintech, e-commerce, etc.)
- Multi-faceted experience across consumer markets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is critical
- We have a strict no asshole rule. You’re an amazing, well-liked, well-intentioned person who doesn’t play politics and doesn’t undermine peers or others around you.
Back to top