User Researcher Lead (Contractor)
- Palo Alto, CA
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the team:
Nothing is more important to us than the trust our customers have placed in us. Earnin Design & Research is responsible for fostering that trust—through diligent customer research, innovative product strategy, and crafting high-quality user experiences.
Our designers and researchers are deployed into cross-functional product pods to work collaboratively, autonomously, and rapidly. We’re tasked with solving the company’s largest challenges during our hyper-growth phase.
As a User Researcher you will:
- Closely support, coordinate, and collaborate with multiple product teams throughout the research process
- Support teams with on-going feedback on their UR project plan (key research questions, methodologies, participant profiles, survey and script creation, project timeline)
- Assist in end-to-end recruitment needs, including survey/phone screening participants, scheduling participants for interviews, and sending out reminders/followup communications
Some skills we consider critical for a User Researcher:
- 2-3+ years of user research experience for mobile product experiences
Experience with survey design and surveying tools
Experience working with and supporting product teams (especially product managers and product designers) to ship user-facing mobile projects
Experience in administrative duties such as phone screening, scheduling, project management, and budget tracking
Experience building and maintaining participant panels
Effective collaboration with a range of functions including legal, security, design, data science, and more
Ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Familiarity with the product development process and design methods
An ability to ask the right questions and think outside the box
Humility as a quick learner who’s comfortable with change
- B.S. Degree in anthropology, psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, or related field is highly desired (significant experience may replace the degree requirement)
This is a 40 hour/week contract position that may convert to FTE.
Back to top