Sr. Application Security Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Sr. Application Security Engineer
Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
- Perform security review of application design and provide security requirements.
- Integrate security tools into CI/CD.
- Perform manual and automated penetration test of mobile and web applications
- Perform manual and automated code review to identify vulnerabilities in APIs, and mobile apps (Android and iOS).
- Develop secure architecture patterns to be used by Engineering teams.
- Actively identity areas of improvement within Security with the goal of increasing effectiveness.
- Develop tools and automated tests for improving our Security efficiency
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in application security
- At Least 2+ years of experience with software development
- Strong knowledge of all application security vulnerabilities, including but not limited to OWASP TOP 10.
- Strong knowledge of at least one Cloud Computing Platform, preferably AWS.
- Strong knowledge of modern application architectures, such as Microservices and Serverless.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Coding/Scripting in any major language (.NET, Java, Go, Python, & Ruby)
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top