Senior/Staff Software Engineer, Kubernetes
- Palo Alto, CA
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Kubernetes
Earnin is a company building innovative solutions to some of the toughest financial problems facing people today. Our core tool, Cash Out, reframes the conversation around payday by giving people access to the money they’ve already earned.
Who we are:
We are rethinkers focused on inspiring fairness in the financial system. We consider the community to be part of our team because, in order to make lasting change, we need participation and input from all.
The Pay it Forward Model:
The world is a better place when we all help each other out. With Earnin’s services, people choose what they tip. Sometimes it’s more, sometimes it’s less. And sometimes community members pay it forward to support each other.
- Cash Out enables community members to get paid for the work they’ve already done - without having to wait for payday.
- Balance Shield provides bank balance alerts to help community members monitor their bank account balance. We also offer the option to set up Balance Shield Cash Outs to help our members transfer money they’ve earned to their account to cover upcoming recurring withdrawals.
- Health Aid reaches out to our community members’ medical providers to try to reduce their bill balance and/or find them a budget-friendly payment plan.
- Cash Back Rewards help our community members find cash back when they shop or dine at thousands of participating stores and restaurants.
About the Role:
Earnin is seeking a Kubernetes expert to help build/scale/automate cloud infrastructure, accelerate deployment of microservices and work as a key member of our small, high-end Infra(microservices) team.
This team operates a scalable and reliable compute platform running on Kubernetes, builds standardized libraries and templates that engineers use to bootstrap and launch new microservices.
This is a highly visible and impactful role to the organization, you will be building, operating and improving a highly available, scalable and resilient microservices platform to meet needs of our rapidly scaling business.
You have experience building and administering Kubernetes clusters with high degree of reliability, security, scalability, and confidence. You strive for high standards of excellence. You have a strong customer focus, and are capable of technical deep-dives into cloud infrastructure, operating systems, application performance, load balancer’s, networks, storage systems and the ability to implement automated, scalable HA, production ready solutions.
- Orchestrate Kubernetes clusters and all of its internal components and applications running on them. Automate cluster orchestration to support rapidly growing business needs.
- Design and implement highly scalable and reliable infrastructure services that integrate deeply with business services (authentication, routing, logging, etc)
- Work closely with microservice developers, security and platform engineers to spread knowledge and best practices of self-service infrastructure
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Automate and document tools to make end-to-end microservices pipelines a self-service
- Assist development teams in tool training and troubleshooting
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as software or infrastructure engineer operating scalable and reliable cloud platforms
- Solid understanding of public cloud providers, AWS preferred
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components
- Understanding of Kubernetes network architecture how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet
- Experience with Prometheus, AlertManger, Grafana and DataDog
- Experience working with servicemesh tools (Linkerd/Istio/AppMesh) is highly desirable
- Proficient in at least one language, preferably Python
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, terraform preferred
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Back to top