Senior Product Manager
Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the role:
As a Senior Product Manager at Earnin, you'll work bringing our mission to life - how we can work together with our community to reinvent the financial system. In this role, you’ll work on the heart of Earnin - building a sustainable product that puts our community at the center. It's a huge challenge, but also a huge opportunity!
To do this:
- You’ll need to constantly maintain a pulse on the customer and be their champion in every setting
- You’ll need to raise the bar for the design quality and the user experience of the Earnin app
- You'll need to be comfortable with constant experimentation and a culture that encourages moving quickly.
- You’ll need to own the analysis for your experiments and for the KPIs your team owns
- You’ll need to properly monitor for your KPIs
- You’ll need to write documentation that is easily accessible and then evangelize the knowledge
- You'll lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, researchers, and data analysts to pursue products and features that make the most impact for customers. You'll define your OKRs and set stretch goals for the team.
- Ultimately, you'll be accountable to the Earnin community.
A good candidate is someone who:
- Above all else, a passion for customers and building products that make a positive impact in their lives.
- B.S. (ideally M.S.) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or other related quantitative field.
- A good listener who empathizes with the customer and can present their nuances to other stakeholders.
- A champion of user experience - someone who won’t settle for basic functionality, but will think creatively about ways to improve the user journey
- Has a strong analytical background and can dive deep into their KPIs to understand how to improve them
- Is able to quickly build alignment between different teams and functions
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is a team player who's not afraid to roll up their sleeves on whatever needs to be done.
The ideal candidate also:
- Experience at a company that’s scaled fast and achieved results even when they seem impossible.
- Has 5+ years of product management experience
- Is someone who isn’t constrained by what they have in front of them today. They’re able to think outside the box and create a team dynamic with new, radical ideas
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top