Senior Data Scientist
- Palo Alto, CA
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
We’re looking for a talented and motivated data scientist to build sophisticated models with data collected across our business to aid Earnin’s mission in giving the world access to their pay as soon as they’ve earned it.
Data Scientists are the central node to every team within Earnin. As a data scientist, you’ll be interfacing with analysts to gain insights, our product managers to evaluate areas where we can protect and improve our business model, and our engineering team to advance our product utilizing artificial intelligence.
Every decision made at Earnin is backed by data; our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our exceptional team. We integrate multifaceted data streams such as rapidly changing market data, customer data based on app activity and feedback, and financial banking operations data to perfect our processes and workflows. Improving these systems and maintaining scalability across a growing user base (X million and counting) is thrilling.
What Sets Us Apart:
- We care more about the thought process, perseverance, tenacity in solving really difficult problems (rather than checking off all the technology boxes)
- Solving unique problems in the financial payments industry
- Helping people on a human level
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Build machine learning models with large-scale datasets across personal finance and user employment information
- Research and explore with various machine learning algorithms to best help on products
- Work very closely with cross-functional teams to come up with machine learning approaches to improve the user experience or business metrics.
- Collaborate with product teams on ad-hoc product analytics
- Optimize models by adding more features, improving algorithms, tuning parameters
- Create monitoring systems to track the quality of models
- Apply statistical concepts such as hypothesis testing, statistical significance etc to model explanation, reporting and decision making.
- Come up with and implement decision strategies based on model predictions
- Deep understanding of machine learning and statistics
- Strong product sense and analytical thinking
- Experience building predictive models from scratch data to production
- Strong SQL abilities and experience.
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with Spark, R and Scala is a plus
- 3+ years industry experience in data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and modeling
- Excellent communication skills
- A MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or any quantitative disciplines
Back to top