Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
We're a small but growing people team that is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Accountant to join us in supporting the Company’s tremendous growth. You'll work with colleagues who share the same goals, passion, and vision in building a rapidly growing Silicon Valley start-up.
What Set Us Apart:
- Have a direct impact on forming a collaborative and cohesive team culture.
- Work WITH us. Not FOR us.
- Be involved with laying the groundwork for our hiring process.
As a Senior Accountant:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to gather complete and relevant data on a timely basis to adhere to monthly close standards and financial statement reporting;
- Oversee the the cash disbursement and receipt cycle by providing the necessary guidances to business partners, staff accountant, and third party accounting firm;
- Be involved in the complete cycle of Accounting, including researching relevant accounting literature, documenting processes, performing GL reconciliations in support of our existing and evolving operations;
- Assist the team in developing and documenting enhanced policies, procedures, and controls.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred but not required;
- 5+ years of accounting experience with increasing roles and responsibilities;
- Must have experience with inter-company transactions and the managing of multiple subsidiary books;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Netsuite, advanced Excel user comfortable with large data sets (100K + records), and advanced formula writing, strong with other Microsoft Office applications and Google suite;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP; Financial Services experience a plus;
- Self-starter comfortable working in a demanding and high-growth environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors;
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership;
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Back to top