Mobile Engineer Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Our financial system is fundamentally unfair for people who live paycheck to paycheck. People shouldn’t have to wait weeks to get the pay they’ve already earned. This wait forces them to spend more than $100 billion a year on short-term credit products, late fees and overdraft fees.
Earnin helps people overcome this unfairness by giving them real-time access to their money as soon as they have worked -- without fees or interest.
Our team is bound together by a desire to level the financial playing field. Our investors, Andreessen Horowitz, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures, Matrix Partners and March Capital believe we will change the world.
You can help make a difference. Join us.
About the Team:
Since Earnin is a mobile only application, the mobile engineering team’s job is to develop new features and support our best in class iOS and Android applications. We work closely with the product, marketing, server engineering, and customer support teams to create new product experiences for our customers.
Our goal is to provide our customers with a solid mobile experience that helps them gain access to their money easily and understand quickly any problems or issues that may arise on their account. Engineers joining the mobile team must have a solid focus on user experience as well as understand mobile specific issues ranging from network usage to battery life. The mobile engineering team is the most customer facing group and has a big impact on the customer’s impression of our company.
What Set Us Apart:
• We care more about the thought process, perseverance, tenacity in solving really difficult problems (rather than checking off all the technology boxes)
• Solving unique problems in the financial payments industry
As a Mobile Manager you will:
• Work with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features
• Design and implement new api’s with our server engineering team to communicate with the mobile applications
• Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customers
Some skills we consider critical to being a Mobile iOS Engineer:
• Fluency in the Swift programming language
• Fluency in the Java programming language / specifically on the Android platform
• Experience writing flexible layouts for different screen sizes/densities
• Understanding of XCode, Android Studio and visual interface tools including AutoLayout
• Minimum of 3-5 years managing the development and shipping an iOS/Android applications
• General CS background, understand basic algorithms as well as comprehension of mobile specific problems like network usage and battery consumption
• Comprehension and experience with client/server architectures
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related
Earnin is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant
Back to top