Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps alert overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and WeWin - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
Since Earnin is a mobile-only application, the mobile engineering team’s job is to develop new features and support our best in class iOS and Android applications. We work closely with the product, marketing, server engineering, and customer support teams to create new product experiences for our customers.
Our goal is to provide our customers with a solid mobile experience that helps them gain access to their money easily and understand quickly any problems or issues that may arise on their account. Engineers joining the mobile team must have a solid focus on user experience as well as understand mobile-specific issues ranging from network usage to battery life. The mobile engineering team is the most customer-facing group and has a big impact on the customer’s impression of our company.
What Set Us Apart:
- We care more about the thought process, perseverance, tenacity in solving really difficult problems (rather than checking off all the technology boxes).
- Solving unique problems in the financial payments industry.
As a Mobile Engineer you will:
- Work with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features.
- Design and implement new APIs with our server engineering team to communicate with the mobile applications.
- Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customer.
Job Responsibilities- Other duties may be assigned:
- Work with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features
- Design and implement new api’s with our server engineering team to communicate with the mobile applications
- Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customers
- Create a scalable mobile architecture which will ensure that the organization is nimble as we grow the organization.
- Create Unit and Automation (User Interface tests) Tests to make sure new code does not break existing features and the new code works according to requirements specified by product.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience
- Fluency in the Swift programming language
- 2+ years of relevant industry related experience
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.