Legal Operations & Contracts Specialist
- Palo Alto, CA
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
Earnin is looking for an experienced legal operations and contracts specialist to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will manage legal operations and legal systems (digital signature, contract management, ebilling, etc.) and be expected to follow department objectives and priorities, while providing organizational and substantive assistance to the attorneys and general counsel. You will also work closely with other Earnin teams, including risk, data analytics, sales, finance, human resources, IT, talent acquisition, and others. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for providing reporting and analytical analysis both for and about the legal team as well as managing other legal operations as needed in the areas of commercial contracts, corporate governance, compliance, litigation, training, reporting, and other tasks assigned by the General Counsel based on his/her/their experience and desire to learn other areas of legal affairs and operations.
- Provide substantive support to Earnin legal team in a variety of matters, including commercial contract negotiations, corporate governance, and litigation
- Oversee the company’s contracts, contract management system, and digital signature platform
- Develop and manage a process for tracking contract expirations, renewals, terminations, and other key terms
- Prepare, draft, and process contracts (Commercial, NDAs, vendor agreements, etc.) and other legal documents
- Implement, coordinate and assist with other legal department projects including maintaining and publishing templates, developing compliance materials, creating presentations and conducting training
- Support commercial contract workflows and processes in accordance with the company policies and systems
- Manage legal billing and vendor billing guidelines, and communicate with outside counsel on billing matters
- Oversee the program management of regulatory inquiries requiring legal support
- Develop playbooks and other related supporting materials to enable consistent and efficient transactions
- Ensure corporate entity maintenance
- Assist with and coordinate document searches and productions for legal matters
- B.S./B.A. from an accredited institution required
- 3+ years of legal/contracts operations experience
- Strong research skills are essential
- Proficient in data insights, data visualization and data analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office, GSuite, Adobe Pro, and DocuSign required
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a complex and constantly changing, fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with internal functions as well as external advisors
- Ability to take initiative and tackle challenges with enthusiasm
- Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect and consideration
Back to top