Engineering Manager, Kubernetes Platform
- Palo Alto, CA
Engineering Manager, Kubernetes Platform
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Role:
Earnin is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our microservices infrastructure team. This team operates a scalable and reliable compute platform running on Kubernetes, builds standardized libraries and templates that engineers use to bootstrap and launch new microservices.
We are looking for a leader who can guide driven engineers to build an infrastructure platform that provides exceptional experience to development teams. This is a high impact role, you will have an opportunity to work with several teams within the Platform Org and collaborate with rest for the Engineering Org.
You are a hands-on leader who strives for high standards of excellence. You have a strong customer focus, and are capable of technical deep-dives into cloud infrastructure, operating systems, application performance, load balancer’s, networks, storage systems and the ability to implement automated, scalable HA, production ready solutions.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for Earnin’s microservices platform
- Work with the leadership across Earnin to deliver our mission promise: build a financial system that works for people.
- Create the roadmap and drive its implementation with your team and the dependencies across the company.
- Recruit other great engineers for your team and help in recruiting efforts for other teams.
- You lead by example, roll up your sleeves and get to work on technical challenges.
- At least three years of experience managing engineering teams, plus a minimum of four years as individual contributor in software development, infrastructure engineering, or devops engineering.
- Expert level understanding of Kubernetes - preferably EKS, you know how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work while maintaining a balance between reliability, cost, and usability
- You’re comfortable collaborating with cross functional teams and creating infrastructure products with great user experience
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
Back to top