Engineer - Infrastructure (Kubernetes)
Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team or About the Role:
Earnin is seeking a Kubernetes ninja to help build/scale/automate cloud infrastructure, accelerate development, build tools and work as a key member of our small, high-end Infra(microservices) team.
This is a highly visible and impactful role to the organization as you think critically about the needs of our rapidly scaling business.
You will be hands-on and must possess a high standard of excellence, solid written and verbal communication skills, have a strong customer focus, and capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, cloud infra, CI/CD platform and networks.
- Providing oversight of a number of hosted Linux and Windows systems, databases, network troubleshooting, and providing various technical solutions to the business.
- Providing Kubernetes cluster monitoring, maintenance and upgrades.
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Design and develop reusable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, etc.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Assist development teams in tool training and troubleshooting.
- Develop, document and maintain installation, provisioning, security and configuration procedures.
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed.
- 2-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Solid understanding of public cloud providers, AWS preferred
- Experience with containerization and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring, analysis, and alerting tools
- Experience with servicemesh tools(Linkerd/Istio/Envoy/Conduit) will be valuable
- Linux/UNIX admin experience
- Good understanding of networking, routing, firewalls, vpn, SSL
- Proficient in Python and familiarity with more scripting languages
- Familiarity with automation and configuration management tools
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, terraform preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Keen attention to detail and industry best practices pertaining to privacy and security
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Earnin does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Earnin prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Earnin is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Earnin and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
Back to top