Senior Director, Consulting Product
Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, CONSULTING PRODUCT
The team at Earnest is passionate about making large and complex datasets easily accessible for our growing client base and has a strong interest in technology, consumer trends, and the implications of those trends on the consumer sector. Quantifying both macro and micro trends in the consumer economy is our primary focus. As a leader of the group, you will be helping Earnest Research develop and continuously improve its product portfolio to meet and exceed client expectations helping case teams from top management consulting firms find answers to complex business challenges. You will be immersed in a fast-paced environment, with infinite opportunity to learn and grow. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated problem solver capable of applying big picture thinking without losing sight of the details.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of data analysts responsible for powering Earnest’s consulting product suite.
- Product Development: Manage comprehensive product plans, which incorporate customer requirements, competitive intelligence, market trends and analysis that drive to business goals. Combining the right balance of business skills and technical ability, collaborate with stakeholders, clients and the technology team to deliver product offerings that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Define, develop and manage product strategy & design, working closely with relevant stakeholders including product management, engineering, marketing and business development.
- Innovation: Provide creative and strategic thinking for how Earnest Research can be on the leading edge of developing and delivering new products to its customers. Develop a deep understanding of future market needs in each client account, translating these needs into prioritized new product requirements.
What you will do:
- Hire, train and lead a team of data analysts. A typical Earnest data analyst is 2-4 years into their career and often has an investment banking, equity research or business intelligence background.
- Provide thought leadership on product features and design that accelerates our mission to make large and complex alternative datasets easily accessible for our clients.
- Understand customer needs in the management consulting space by client account and outline relevant product requirements. Develop product capabilities that meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products for top management consulting firms. Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as reasonable execution schedules.
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytics-intensive role such as business intelligence, corporate strategy, investment banking, or management consulting, as well as 1-3 years of experience leading a team.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Strong leader with top notch interpersonal skills. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects on a timely basis. Experience successfully leading teams of data analysts, product designers, and data engineers via inspiration, vision, and analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional, client-centric teams to achieve team objectives. Superb skills in soliciting and taking feedback around the product and market data, distilling it into straightforward and compelling product builds, and articulating product direction to diverse stakeholders.
- Strong data analytics skills, including Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc).
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgment.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Successful history of driving agile product development. Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment. Understanding of the product lifecycle, software development lifecycle and agile development methodologies.
- Product management experience with a focus on customer-facing software products and technologies. Strong management consulting industry knowledge a plus.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX).
- Tableau and SQL experience (SQL: subqueries, window functions, etc).
- Track record of bringing simple, elegant technical products to life. Skilled at making and articulating proper product investments across various areas - feature development, performance, security, etc.
- 100% company paid medical plan options (additional medical, dental and vision plans available too!)
- Health & fitness reimbursement program
- 401K retirement plans with employer matching
- Flexible and generous time off
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
- Regular company happy hours, lunches & events
Back to top