R&D Data Scientist
Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work.
R&D DATA SCIENTIST
At Earnest Research, we are passionate about finding signals in the noise of large datasets. As a member of the R&D team, you will be at the vanguard of expanding the insights we offer our clients: building products from new and existing datasets. You will work directly with our Chief Data Scientist, Director of Research, and Director of Partnership Development to turn messy row-level data into comprehensible and actionable insights that our clients use to make investment decisions, research markets and drive their competitive strategy. The ideal candidate is a data detective with an aptitude for advanced analytics, the organizational ability to successfully work on multiple projects concurrently, and the business acumen to channel these skills into a final product that delivers maximum value to our clients.
- Evaluation of new datasets
- Working with the R&D team to rapidly assess the predictive power and commercial potential of new datasets by:
- Quickly familiarizing yourself with, and processing, new datasets
- Translating data into practical business insights that our clients value
- Assessing the reliability, representativeness, and predictive power of a dataset
- Data analysis and product development
- Transforming and wrangling unstructured and semi-structured data from a variety of sources
- Testing accuracy and integrity of data
- Extracting meaningful attributes from unstructured data elements and create compelling views of the data
- Working with other teams within the organization to identify and develop new products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience in an analytics-intensive role working with medium or large data sets (billion+ observations) and effectively synthesizing insights
- Required: Strong SQL and Excel
- Preferred: Proficiency in Python, R, Spark. Familiarity with AWS, Tableau
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgment
Meet Some of Earnest Research's Employees
Zach works with billions of row of data to analyze, interpret, and highlight evolving trends in consumer retail.
Back to top