Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work. We are a new, better alternative to traditional quantitative surveys.
The Project Manager will play a critical role in designing, implementing and executing processes to streamline workflows and reduce friction. This role requires a combination of project management, process optimization and execution skills. The ideal candidate is exceedingly resourceful, organized and flexible. As the first project manager at Earnest you will interface directly with the executive team and business function leaders.
- Work with executive team and cross-functional team leadership to establish priorities and milestones that align with our company goals
- Prepare, review, analyze and communicate a running project list
- Implement a project management framework and influence adherence to it
- Manage cross-functional communication across the engineering, data and sales teams
- Drive ambiguous project requirements into well thought-out design and action plans
- Communicate the impact of feature or schedule changes to teams that are potentially affected
- Identify and document the requirements for projects
- Run cross-team meetings and retrospectives, manage project processes, and ensure necessary documentation is available to keep all teams running smoothly
- 5+ years of project management experience at either a high-growth tech startup or mid-sized company
- Must have experience coordinating projects for a team of engineers (technical engineering background is not needed, but certainly a plus)
- Proven ability to influence and lead with and without authority
- Able to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of technical and non-technical staff
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a crossfunctional team.
- Strong planning, organizational, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgement
Meet Some of Earnest Research's Employees
Zach works with billions of row of data to analyze, interpret, and highlight evolving trends in consumer retail.
Back to top