Finance and Operations Analyst
Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work.
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS ANALYST
Earnest Research is seeking a Finance and Operations Analyst who will be an integral member of our growing Finance and Operations team. In this role, you will make an impact by driving the company to achieve its financial and operational goals through data management and analytics. Partnering across all departments including engineering, product, marketing, sales, and business operations, the Finance and Operations Analyst will evaluate and interpret financial and operational outcomes to yield insights that help define business strategy and enable rapid innovation across the organization.
- Manage consolidated financial forecast model
- Evaluate financial and operational key performance indicators to provide valuable insights to our management team
- Prepare monthly management, investor, and partner reporting
- Collaborate with our Sales and Data Analyst teams to help build out product P&Ls and identify opportunities to optimize performance
- Run department budget reviews to understand drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities
- Support budget planning and financial re-forecasts
- Liaise with Accounting to ensure alignment on monthly financial close
- Lead client invoicing, cash collection, and vendor payment processes in collaboration with Accounting
- Assist in sales forecasting and commissions calculation
- Review company expenses to ensure compliance with corporate expense policy
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- 2-4 years of related business experience in Corporate Finance, FP&A, Planning/Strategy, Investment Banking, etc.
- Mastery of MS Excel is required
- Experience in building and managing 3 statement models
- Excellent quantitative, communication and presentation skills
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing different hats and has an enthusiastic spirit where no job is too big
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan options (additional medical, dental and vision plans available too!)
- Health & fitness reimbursement program
- 401K retirement plans with employer matching
- Flexible and generous time off
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
- Regular company happy hours, lunches & events
Earnest Research is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Meet Some of Earnest Research's Employees
Founder & CEO
Kevin founded Earnest Research to build effective consumer and market research tools. In addition to leading the company, he seeks to attract talented employees and keep them engaged.
Back to top