Director of Product Management
Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work.
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
As the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for product planning and execution all through the lifecycle of the business. This will include gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, defining the vision for the product, and collaborating with other directors across the business in order to ensure that the financial and customer satisfaction goals are met.
In addition to this, you will ensure that that the company’s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product; that the product goals and strategy do not deviate from that of the business.
As advocates for both our clients and our business, the Director of Product Management will balance diverse perspectives and empower product teams to do great work.
- Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Build consensus and drive execution
- Define market opportunities and incorporate new product features on an ongoing basis.
- Create product vision and strategy, product roadmaps and specifics of product requirements.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to commercialization, including the management of existing product lines.
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements.
- Lead cross-functional teams to realize product concepts and bring them to market. Work with clients and internally to define and refine product requirements.
- Collaborate closely with our clients, and client-facing functions within the company to deeply understand and address user needs.
- Maintain product and market knowledge. Analyse and keep abreast of market trends.
- Conduct best practice research and benchmarking. Conduct competitive analysis and develop a strong understanding of stakeholders to drive development decisions.
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally.
- Partner with Marketing and PR to share the impact of the team’s work with the world.
- Build the product management function within Earnest: interviewing, hiring, training and managing a team of product managers.
- Plan, assign and direct the workloads of product managers.
- Provide product leadership and mentorship to both your team members and your project peers.
- The Director of Product Management is a manager and also a leader, so candidates must be comfortable with and have experience in a leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or an equivalent in work experience. A master's degree is optimal, not required.
- 8-10 years of experience is required in the field of product management.
- Demonstrated ability to take a product through finding product/market fit to scale, or experience as a leader who grew a new product in a larger business; validated willingness to push the perceived limits and think big.
- Ability to both rally and drive teams and effectively operate within a rapidly growing organization.
- Demonstrated strong ability to drive execution in complex environments.
- Demonstrated strong fit with Earnest’s culture and values.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers.
- Strong communication skills including oral and verbal are necessary, as are strong analytical skills.
- Strong technological background is needed and proficient computer literacy is essential.
- 100% company paid medical plan options (additional medical, dental and vision plans available too!)
- Health & fitness reimbursement program
- 401K retirement plans with employer matching
- Flexible and generous time off
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
- Regular company happy hours, lunches & events
Back to top