Data Team Lead, Consulting (Director)
Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work.
DATA TEAM LEAD, CONSULTING (DIRECTOR)
The team at Earnest is passionate about making large and complex datasets easily accessible for our growing client base and has a strong interest in technology and the consumer sector. Quantifying both macro and micro trends in the consumer economy is our primary focus. As Consulting Data Team Lead, you will help Earnest Research meet and exceed client expectations, enabling case teams from top management consulting firms to find answers to complex business challenges. You will be immersed in a fast-paced environment, with opportunities to learn and grow. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated problem solver capable of applying big picture thinking without losing sight of the details.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of data analysts responsible for powering Earnest’s consulting product suite.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Work closely with relevant stakeholders including product management, engineering, marketing and business development.
- Innovation: Provide creative and strategic thinking for how Earnest Research can be on the leading edge of developing and delivering new products to its customers.
What you will do:
- Hire, train and lead a team of data analysts. A typical Earnest data analyst is 2-4 years into their career and often has an investment banking, equity research or business intelligence background.
- Provide thought leadership on product features and design that accelerates our mission to make large and complex alternative datasets easily accessible for our clients.
- Understand customer needs in the management consulting space by client account and help drive the product roadmap to meet those needs.
- Contribute to the definition of team KPIs and ensure those are consistently being met.
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytics-intensive role such as business intelligence, corporate strategy, investment banking, or management consulting, as well as 1-3 years of experience leading a team.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to develop product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Strong leader with top notch interpersonal skills. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects on a timely basis. Experience successfully leading teams of data analysts, product designers, and data engineers via inspiration, vision, and analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional, client-centric teams to achieve team objectives. Superb skills in soliciting and taking feedback around the product and market data, distilling it into straightforward and compelling product builds, and articulating product direction to diverse stakeholders.
- Strong data analytics skills, including Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc).
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgment.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX).
- Tableau and SQL experience (SQL: subqueries, window functions, etc).
- Track record of bringing simple, elegant technical products to life. Skilled at making and articulating proper product investments across various areas - feature development, performance, security, etc.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- 100% company paid medical plan options (additional medical, dental and vision plans available too!)
- Health & fitness reimbursement program
- 401K retirement plans with employer matching
- Flexible and generous time off
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
- Regular company happy hours, lunches & events
Earnest Research is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Back to top