Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work. We are a new, better alternative to traditional quantitative surveys.
DATA ANALYST ROLE
The Data Analyst team at Earnest is passionate about finding signals in the noise of large datasets, and has a strong interest in technology, consumer trends, and the private and public markets. Quantifying both macro and micro trends in the consumer economy is our primary focus. As a part of the group, you will be immersed in a fast-paced environment, with infinite opportunity to learn and grow. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated problem solver capable of applying big picture thinking without losing sight of the details.
- Creating content from billions of rows of electronic records
- Creating and maintaining insight products on private and publicly traded companies
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams for collection of the right data
- Identifying and investigating trends within the consumer economy
- Interfacing directly with clients to present analyses, explain our product offerings and serve as a subject-matter expert
- Seeking out areas for operational improvement and taking initiative to address them
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline from a top tier university
- 1 to 3 years of finance experience, including (but not limited to) investment banking, equity research, private equity, consulting and/or quantitative marketing
- Exceptional Excel and analytical skills
- Proactive and solutions-oriented; innovative and results-driven
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks daily and meet project deadlines
- Extremely hard worker, ethical, and thoughtful team player
- Familiarity with Tableau software is a plus, but not required
Meet Some of Earnest Research's Employees
Zach works with billions of row of data to analyze, interpret, and highlight evolving trends in consumer retail.
Back to top