Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE, CORPORATE
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will play a critical role in expanding Earnest’s corporate client subscription business. Our online platform combines transaction data across millions of anonymous US consumers with analytical tools to help leading retail, e-commerce, and restaurant brands make better strategic decisions. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative with proven business development and lead generation skills within the enterprise landscape. The successful BDR will gain all the necessary tools and experience to take on increased responsibility and with merit, progress to Business Development Director.
- Develop new opportunities for the sales team from prospecting and marketing generated leads
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Business Development Directors
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, using software tools, cold calling, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums
- Perform ongoing research on prospective clients to support customized outreach
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Relay prospective clients’ feedback to internal Data & Product Teams
- Become an expert on Earnest’s products and the broader data landscape
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience driving or supporting B2B sales
- Prior sales and prospecting experience at a data insights company highly preferred
- Experience using SalesForce highly preferred
- Ability to work constructively under pressure with a demanding and sophisticated customer base
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate analytical work
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Goal-oriented, disciplined, and professionally persistent with outstanding time management skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required
- Highly motivated, self-driven and eager to bring new ideas to the company.
- Extremely hard working, ethical, and thoughtful team player
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Remote friendly
- 100% company paid medical plan options (additional medical, dental and vision plans available too!)
- Health & fitness reimbursement program
- 401K retirement plans with employer matching
- Flexible and generous time off
- Pre-tax savings plans for public transportation and parking expenses
- Regular company happy hours, lunches & events (even if they’re virtual)!
Earnest Research is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.