Business Development Director, Financial Services
Earnest Research is a VC-backed data innovation startup driven to change the way professionals understand consumer and business behavior. Working with world-class data partners, we transform raw data into a source for business and investment professionals to ask better questions so they can make better decisions. We believe, in the right hands, data has the power to change the way we work. We are a new, better alternative to traditional quantitative surveys.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL SERVICES
The Business Development Director will play a critical role in expanding Earnest’s financial services client base. Our product combines transaction and electronic receipt data across millions of US consumers with analytical tools to provide a unified and holistic view of the consumer economy. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative with proven business development and lead generation skills within the financial services landscape.
• Build and manage the sales cycle from sourcing to closure to achieve sales goals
• Conduct sales meetings with investment professionals (analyst, DoR, CIO)
• Represent Earnest Research and convey value proposition
• Fine-tune value propositions through emails, calls and in person sales pitches
• Relay customer feedback and questions to internal Data Analyst Team
• Closely collaborate with account management team to ensure client needs are being met
• Become an expert on Earnest’s products and demonstrate value tailored to examples
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in consultative B2B sales to buy side investment professionals
• Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise exceptional judgment
• Skillset and experience to achieve the best scalable, efficient, and repeatable sales process
• Experience selling a technical service together with product specialists
• Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills are required
• Goal-oriented, disciplined, and professionally persistent, outstanding time management skills
• Ability to work in teams as well as individually and comfortable with ambiguity commensurate with a growth stage startup
• Ability to work constructively under pressure and with a sophisticated customer base
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Extremely hard worker, ethical, and thoughtful team player
Meet Some of Earnest Research's Employees
Zach works with billions of row of data to analyze, interpret, and highlight evolving trends in consumer retail.
Back to top