UX Writer (m/f/x)
- Linz, Austria
User Experience | Wordsmithing | Human-Machine Communication | Technology | Complexity
Do you love to give software personality? Are you excited about building extraordinary UX? Are you looking for teammates who appreciate open communication and faces challenges together?
- Support a global team of UX designers and PMs to get to (and refine) their UI and UX copy.
- Understand product, customer, and business needs.
- Provide strategic writing direction and empowerment.
- Question existing terminology, test for comprehension, and push for plain-spoken alternatives.
- You write with succinctness and simplicity in mind, and always with the user in mind.
- open-minded, autonomous, driven, and quick in understanding technology
- native fluency in written and verbal English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- experience writing content for digital products
- background in engineering and/or technology and have an easy time understanding complex technical topics
- solid understanding of UX principles and processes
You will love this job, if you
- know that great UX hinges on great writing.
- are convinced that when it comes to UX copy, every word counts.
- understand that machines need to talk human, because humans will never talk machine
- excel in explaining complex technical problems on napkins. We have a lot of both.
When applying for this role please include a link to a brief portfolio showing a few selected commercial projects you worked on in the past — clearly outlining the problems and/or business opportunities taken on with your work, as well as your role and specific responsibilities as part of a multidisciplinary team. That should mostly touch on the process applied to find solutions and overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish and final deliverables.
Join us now!
Please apply with both your resume and portfolio in English.
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is EUR 38,010 gross per year (based on full-time). We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.
Back to top