Software Engineer (m/f/x) Open Source Standards and Integrations
- Linz, Austria
Open Source runs the world, and as global market leader, Dynatrace is part of many Open Source projects and standardization committees that shape the future of the internet and modern application development.
The mission of our Open Source engineering team is to actively contribute to a variety of Open Source projects and to build integrations to make Dynatrace work smoothly with them.
Dynatrace is a global leader in Software Intelligence because the world needs software to work perfectly. Our innovative SaaS product helps customers to get a self-driving IT. Due to our high quality standards and cutting-edge technologies we are proud to convince customers like H&M, Delta Airlines, SAP, United Health Care, JP Morgan and many others.
In this role you will:
- be part of our development team and work closely with product management to ensure that your work is aligned with our strategic goals
- represent Dynatrace in various Open Source projects around the globe
- build integrations that connect Dynatrace with different Open Source ecosystems
- provide feedback to the product team to improve interoperability
- help shaping our Open Source contribution process including testing, CI/CD and maintenance
- You are a generalist with knowledge and experience that cover requirements engineering, software architecture and implementation
- Solid programming skills in at least two languages and the ability to get new skills as needed - you should enjoy writing clean code and you should be flexible coding in Go today and in Java tomorrow
- Willingness to work with communities, to discuss and defend your work on GitHub and to attend community meetings
- Experience in developing software using Git and GitHub
- Willingness to travel to industry hubs, like the Silicon Valley for workshops with other industry leaders (5%)
- Fluent in English. General working language
- Hands-on team player and proactive (wo)man of action
You will love this job if
- you enjoy learning new technologies.
- you take working with agile methods (Scrum) for granted.
- you are proactive and enjoy working independently
- an international environment is attractive to you.
- you appreciate team spirit and swapping new ideas with your teammates.
Join our development team, if you want to see how your code is used by thousands of developers every day! Your work will be visible for engineers around the globe. This job will be a unique opportunity to enhance your social and coding skills.
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 38,010 gross per year based on full-time employment (38.5 h/week). We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Please consider, when submitting your CV, that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to residents outside the EU. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed.
Back to top