Senior Public Relations Manager
- San Mateo, CA
Thanks for your interest in Dynatrace! We’re so glad we caught your eye. You’ll notice that our hiring process have been adjusted to all-virtual due to the global pandemic. You can still expect a thoughtful recruitment approach throughout each stage. However, please note that our team of recruiters and hiring managers are working from home so don’t be surprised to see or hear their family members or pets in the background during their conversations with you. We expect similar situations in your home, too. No worries if so--We’re all learning to make-do!
If you have any questions or concerns during your application or recruitment process, send us an email: email@example.com. Stay safe!
The Dynatrace marketing team is seeking an experienced public relations and marketing leader to own the company’s media strategy, spanning earned and paid channels, and create compelling press releases, blogs and sponsored content to help Dynatrace win share of voice in the hyper-growth observability market.
We are looking for a team-oriented B2B marketing professional with exceptional writing and critical thinking skills, and experience leading media-centric marketing campaigns. Candidates must have a passion for working in fast-paced environments, and a proven track record of both developing and executing marketing communications plans. They should be a self-starter, results-oriented, and data-driven. They will have strong intellectual curiosity, be comfortable working within a global organization, and take business goals into consideration when making brand and creative-related decisions. A mixture of agency and in-house experience is preferred.
What you'll be doing:
- Planning and implementing media-centric strategies and campaigns blending PR, blogs, social media, and other marketing channels.
- Conceptualizing and writing long-form content such as press releases, contributed articles, and op-eds.
- Establishing and maintaining positive and productive relationships with the media—building and maintaining journalist relationships, identifying story ideas, pitching stories, and securing coverage.
- Organizing promotional events, press conferences, and media tours.
- Developing subject matter expertise in Dynatrace technology as well as the issues that impact our business and the competitive landscape.
- Developing the model to extend PR support and counsel to Dynatrace field marketing teams around the world.
- Working cross-functionally with marketing, product, and sales teams, and cultivating relationships with key industry influencers.
- Developing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports.
- Analyzing media coverage and presenting strategy and results to Dynatrace executives.
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in journalism or business preferred
- 5-7 years of communications experience, including technology/product and thought leadership programs
- Excellent writing, editing, and project management skills
- Experience marketing applications/cloud technology
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience managing and leading agency teams
- Team. We're a collaborative team, and we need someone with positive energy and a willingness to partner with others to accomplish shared goals.
- Creativity. Someone who is willing to bring an endless supply of new ideas. This role offers LOTS of room to think creatively.
- Ownership. Someone who is comfortable taking on projects and seeing them through to completion. Someone whom colleagues can count on to work independently.
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.
Back to top