Recognized Researcher (PostDoc) for Distributed Data Platforms (m/f/x)
- Linz, Austria
You want to make a difference with your work? You want to find your groundbreaking new insights applied and not ended up in a dusty drawer?
In this job, you will lay the foundation for next generation AI-based, data-driven applications in collaboration with one of the industries leaders in Software Intelligence. Your contributions will be deployed world-wide on thousands of cluster nodes in production.
Who we are:
Dynatrace redefined application performance monitoring to a full scale with end-to-end visibility of every user, across every application, anywhere in the digital ecosystem. Our platform is AI powered, full stack and automated.
What you will be part of:
The Linz Institute of Technology (LIT) next to JKU Linz is a collaboration space of academic researchers and technology experts focusing on developing core strategic technologies for future Artificial intelligence applications. Core research and development areas include massive scale (petabyte) storage and data management for AI applications, innovative methods for data manipulation and usage of AI algorithms as well as automatic creation and continuous delivery for machine learning models. Technology developed and built in the lab will be used for some of the most challenging AI applications and build global visibility and leadership for Linz as a high-tech hub.
- Independent research in the fields of transaction processing, query processing, cloud databases, similarity search and data extraction, distributed systems, stream processing and analysis, query optimization, new architectures and caching, or indexing and search.
- Conduct research in the field of Distributed Data Platforms
- Design the new architecture to address the massive data ingest and data handling as well as develop optimized algorithms
- Contribute to the global Research Community: Publish and disseminate research findings in journals and speak at conferences
- Actively take part in scientific and industrial cooperation projects
- Bridge academic research and commercial technology development: Collaborate with our Data Platform team and other internal and external stakeholders
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience and/or expertise in at least one of the relevant research topics (as mentioned above)
- Good feeling for performance and resource constraints
- Strong publication record (of course in relation to "academic age")
- Excellent English skills (oral and written)
Application deadline: None. We are looking for the right (wo)man for the job.
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 50,000 gross per year based on full-time employment. We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Back to top